These conditions explain the responsibilities, rights and obligations of all the parties in the agreement. Our liability limitations are stated below and you will need to seek an insurance specialist to cover your goods. Our master policy means we can provide such insurance on your behalf. Any insurance from us will form a separate agreement.
Work that may be included in the quotation
The following options have to be agreed upon between the parties in writing before any work commences:
- Dismantling or assembling of furniture or fittings.
- Dismantling and assembling appliances, disconnection or re-connect of equipment or fixtures.
- The taking up or re-laying of fitted floor coverings.
- Items in a loft would only be moved when safe access is provided. The area has to be properly lit up.
- Move or store any items that are not specifically mentioned in our clauses.
The following points must be agreed between both the parties in written form:
- Payment must be made prior to the storage of items.
- You must pay the price agreed in full.
- Overdue amounts will be charged at and interest rate of 4 percent per annum on a daily basis.
- Payment for hourly rate removals must be paid immediate on completion of the work.
- Man with Van London accepts payment in card and cash only.
- Payment may be processed through debit card for all customers who are not available at the destination to make payment.
- The Customer must make the payment through his own debit card or should have full authorisation from the card owner.
- International removals will require payment by card. 50 percent of the payment must be made at the collection point or prior to collection.
- Fixed price removals will also require payment by card and 50 percent of the payment must be made before the work can commence.
Our liability concerning damage or loss
If any of your goods are damaged due to breach of contract or our own negligence we may not be held accountable for losses less than or equal to 150 pounds. If the claim is greater than the mentioned amount then we will pay a price that is equivalent to the cost of repair or replacement.
If damage is made on delivery of your goods you must notify us in writing. We will not be held accountable for any claim that is not provided to us in written format. You must notify us regarding the damage claim within seven days of delivery of the goods.
We are authorised to withhold or dispose of any of your goods if we do not receive full payment. This may include any charges that we pay on your behalf. Other charges may be added to your initial quote in relation to any costs we may incur in withholding your goods.
Claims and disputes
An independent arbitrator may be appointed in the case of unresolved disputes. Any costs incurred due to this process will depend on the discretion of the Arbitrator.
Our storage charges are reviewed on a periodic basis. You will be give notice in writing of at least one calendar month if any change in storage charges are due to occur.